Friday 9 March 2012

Awakening.....

Great move in the E$ overnight as it rebounded strongly to the target of 1.3290.

However, the push towards high of 1.3291 seemed exhaustive as bearish divergence emerges. Technicals are suggesting that E$ should move into consolidation and I expect market to hold 1.3220/40 (see chart) to 1.3280/90 during the Asian session. 


That being said, the underlying momentum remains strong at this hour of writing which prompts me to believe that E$ may want to test higher towards 1.3330/40 during the Euro/NY session (probably triggered by the US job data). 


I will not discount 1.3380/90 but this level will be a stretch following yesterday's price action and I will be keen to sell at those level for the day.


Stay nimble as I expect choppy price action. Last reminder, its full moon week!




All the best and have a great weekend ahead!!


Update1: Underlying momentum starting to turn neutral which tilts the R/R to sell rally. If one chooses to trade the current range, do not get aggressively long in the E$. Remember, its all about probability! 
I would rather head out to the IT Show now than to be tortured by the 10pip range!!


Update2: I have a strange feeling something is brewing..... R/R favoring the short side in currencies and will not discount the lows of this week to be retested. 




No comments:

Post a Comment